The Blackbird Creek Project
Strategically Located in The Idaho Cobalt Belt
The Blackbird Creek project is strategically located adjacent to and south of eCobalt’s Idaho Cobalt Project and the historic Blackbird mining camp. The project contains several historic cobalt showings including the Ludwig Main showing where an exploration adit cuts 7 meters of 0.71% cobalt. The Ludwig Main showing was also explored by Noranda in 1979 including an 8 hole drill program with the best results returning 7.9 meters of 0.4% cobalt in DDH 70-2A.
- The Property is located 15 miles southeast of eCobalt’s Idaho Cobalt project in the most prolific trend of cobalt mineralization in the USA, the Idaho Cobalt Belt.
- 86 Lode claims encompassing approximately 1720 acres - early entrant to area secured significant position in most prospective horizons of cobalt belt.
- Previous exploration showing extensive mineralization by Anderson (1943) and Noranda (1979).
- Several known cobalt showings and adits situated within the Project area including the Ludwig Main Prospect, with evidence of extensive cobalt mineralisation.
- 2016 reconnaissance sampling of the Ludwig Showing confirmed the presence of cobalt mineralization. Grab sample at the adit of 0.48% cobalt.
Close Proximity to Significant Market End Users
LG Chem Holland Battery Plant
- $303 Mill. USD battery cell manufacturing facility completed in 2012 in Holland, Michigan.
- Capacity to produce 50,000-200,000 batteries per annum for electric cars.
- Plans to break ground in March 2017 on a 100,000 square-foot addition to it’s existing manufacturing facility.
- New building will expand upon the company’s recent growth into battery pack assembly with multiple assembly lines.
Tesla Giga Factory
- Tesla and its partners committed to up to $5 billion in investment capital to Nevada battery operations.
- Plans to ramp up production to 1 million cars per annum by 2.
- Tesla intends to source all their raw materials, including cobalt and lithium from ethical sources in North America.
eCobalt’s Idaho Cobalt Project
- Adjacent and south of eCobalt’s Idaho Cobalt Project.
- $65,000,000 spent to date.
- All permits in place.
- Well financed, no debt.
- 3.48 Mt @ 0.55% Co, 0.75% Cu, 0.531 g/t Au (M+I).